Moncha crashes when loading big ILDA file - SHOWTACLE

Moncha crashes when loading big ILDA file

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Here is a bug that you can recreate yourself. First download HE Laserscan if you don’t have it. Then download the Einspur_klar free show from the HE laserscan website. Open HE Laserscan and load the Einspur_Klar file and then save it as ILDA. It will ask you two questions about colors and pallettes. Just click yes to both. It will take a long time but it will eventually create a big ILDA file. Then open Moncha and try to assign the ILDA file to a show. Moncha will crash. I can open the ILDA files just fine in other software so it is not a problem with the ILDA files.

Anonymous

Any word on this one? I would like to be able to play those shows.

Anonymous

We’ve fixed already this problem(we plan to make next release in March). But seems like someone has been too impatient. It uses NON-standard ild format. There was a revision of ild format in 2004/2005. This format was very bad and I’m happy it was rejected. But luckily there were some people eager to implement everything new. But they forgot, new doesn’t mean good. So now we have another non standard ild and the question is – should we support it?

Michal

Anonymous

Thanks for the update. March is a long time to wait but I guess I can. 🙂

Anonymous

Should be fixed in latest 2.1.3 version.

Michal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.