MonchaDraw ILDA frames

• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I just started using MonchaDraw and it is really nice for creating images from background pictures. But, I found something that really bugs me. Even if I size the background image to the entire screen size (larger than the square on the screen) when I save it to ILDA format it gets shrunken. So when I display it on my projector it is too small. Is there a way to keep the size of the frame large? The software seems to scale it to about 1/4 of the available size that my projector can display.

Is it true that moncha draw files .mdf can’t be imported into moncha 🙄 ?

Will there be any import of vector-based files into mochadraw ?

Anonymous

The MonchaDraw exports to ILDA. And this file you can load directly to Moncha. And the size – yes, but it’s because in MonchaDraw you can draw also outside the gray rectangle.
    And because of this there is Size setting in Moncha Animation, where you can easily make your file bigger.

Michal

Anonymous

I don’t understand. I created the image and drew outside of the white box in MonchaDraw. I then saved it as ILDA and loaded in Moncha. But, in Moncha I can only make it as big as the saved size or smaller. So, in Moncha, even though I have size set to max on all screens, my image is only 1/4 the total available size.

Maybe I am doing things wrong. If so, please explain how to create an image that is the full size (-32768 to 32767) in x & y.

Anonymous

You can use Size in Moncha’s animation Node type to increase size(can be more than 100).

Michal

Anonymous

I see that now. Thanks for the tip. But why do you shrink the frames down so small to begin with?

Anonymous

Well, actually it is a residue of a lsd format used before ilda. It was using 15 bit resolution. It is possible to fix this, but I don’t think it is a big problem…

Michal

Anonymous

Well, it is annoying because I have to keep resizing the image everytime I add it. I have created some images with small circles at the far corners of the display. I animate them to do things. In order to take advantage of my screen size I have to resize the display > 100%. If I accidently don’t resize to the exact same number then the circles appear at different places. It would be nice if they were in the same place that I drew them at so that I didn’t have to go through this resizing exercise all of the time. It isn’t a technical problem as much as a usability problem. And when you are having to manipulate many may images in order to get the effect you want it becomes very redundant and very annoying. But, I guess I could just create a utility that reads in the ILDA file and resizes it to the correct size and then use it.

Anonymous

How about resize loaded ILDA file to maximum possible range automatically at Drag&Drop?

Michal

Anonymous

I don’t think that would work because it would have the opposite effect. If I had drawn a small circle in the center then it would be resized to max when I dragged and dropped it. I would then have a big circle that I would have to shrink back to a little circle. I would rather just be able to draw something the size I want and have it the exact same size when I load it. Perhaps you could add an option in MonchaDraw that allows you either save it as it works now or to save it the same size as it is drawn.

Anonymous

Well I thought it different – to set the size according biggest frame. But you are right, it will be easier and better to fix MonchaDraw instead.

Michal

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.