Vista or XP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    LaserboyLaserboy
    Participant

Which operating system is recommended for Fiesta2?

Anonymous

Well you can use both systems without any problem. We’ve tested Fiesta on Vista recently and it was nice(the new Aero is sexy 🙂 ) – regarding peformance, there was no difference.

Michal

LaserboyLaserboy
    Participant

OK, I have some performance issues I haven’t encountered before, like when editing effects and so on. Any clues what I can check?

Another question: Does this “no preformance difference” also apply for running Fiesta with Riyalaser USB interface?

Anonymous

Well of course, Vista itself needs a better hardware. But it’s hard to answer this. We’ve used 4GHz Athlon 64bit with 2GB RAM for testing and there was no problem – but of course, this qutie a good machine(although I think it is not a good idea run Vista with less than 2GB RAM).

Regarding Riya – there should not be any difference. The Riya support has not changed(only if there would be some Riya-driver problem).

Anyway, could you be more specific, what performance issues?

Michal

LaserboyLaserboy
    Participant

Yes, of course, some examples:

1) Opening the Effect properties windows is slow (draws slowly)

2) Controlling Fiesta with USB does not update screen (but it works with laser output)

3) Sometimes changing bank takes a couple of seconds

Anonymous

Could you please also write the specification of your computer? I’ve tested it on my 4GHz 2GB machine and no such problem 🙁 …

Michal

LaserboyLaserboy
    Participant

1GB memory, XP. But after I installed the latest version of Fiesta, the problems have not been as prevalent anymore.

quote Laserboy”:1qh7ipas:

Which operating system is recommended for Fiesta2?

I have been using Fiesta on Dell M90 4 GB RAMM Core 2 Duo 2 Ghz. Vista Business

This has been running fine with the following apps also running at the same time

Winamp > Milkdrop visualisations
    ARKAOS

Soon to run Martin Light Jockey too –

Hope this helps as another reference system

You can never have enough Ram and its the cheapest way to improve system performance, I recommend 2 GB minimum with 4 GB is possible (only 3. 2 GB is accessible in 32 BIT vista)

Im using fiesta 2 on xp with 3ghz pent 4 laptop and only 1gig ram, and it seems to work fine. It does take about 15seconds to open main program.
    But then it runs great all night.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Fiesta! General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.