Windows 7 testing - SHOWTACLE

Windows 7 testing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Has any body run Fiesta2.0 in Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit – i am planning to try the beta 64 Bit and wanted to know if any one had any experience in this area.

(supposedly windows 7 will run any thing that can run on vista ( been doing so for over 12 months) – however aware that 64 bit may add to problems as i dont thing fiest is ok on vista 64 bit.

All help and advise appreciaed.

Anonymous

Actually we develop Fiesta on 64 bit AMD machine and it’s working ok. There is one little issue with the system, which handles menu display – sometimes menu disappears. But it’s not affecting the functionality. WE’re working on update, should be fixed soon.

Michal

quote admin”:32sfngr3:

Actually we develop Fiesta on 64 bit AMD machine and it’s working ok. There is one little issue with the system, which handles menu display – sometimes menu disappears. But it’s not affecting the functionality. WE’re working on update, should be fixed soon.

Michal

Excellent to hear, i will let you know of any issues that arise running under windows 7.

Cheers

Anonymous

Well thank you for your efforts. We of course start to test it immediatelly after Windows 7 is out there. I suppose we’ll have to release new drivers for USB too. Anyway, Fiesta(and Moncha) worked with Vista immediately after release, so I hope, we’ll do the same good job with W7 too.

Michal

I’m Holding off till the RC release as i do not want to have to reninstall all other apps again. I am leaning towards a 64 bit install, however i think this may cause problems with Martins’s Light Jockey ( this works in 64 bit environment but thereareno hardware drivers in 64 bit)
    March release.

Will keep you updated.

quote ZeroWaitState”:347y3u9l:

I’m Holding off till the RC release as i do not want to have to reninstall all other apps again. I am leaning towards a 64 bit install, however i think this may cause problems with Martins’s Light Jockey ( this works in 64 bit environment but thereareno hardware drivers in 64 bit)
    March release.

Will keep you updated.

LOOKS like legit Windows 7 RC will be May 5. will keep you posted

Grrr … Can’t beleive it, my Core 2 Duo CPU in my laptop is not 64 Bit compatible so i have to stick with 32Bit Windows 7 RC.

The software installed ok and the USB device and krypto key install Fine, i forgot my ILDA cable so havent attached a projector yet.

Will post back later today (5.34 AM and still installing software) with conffirmation that everthing is sweet.

(not expecting any issues as ran on Vista #2 bit or the last 12 Months with minimal fuss.

Anonymous

Actually we develop Fiesta on Windows 7 already and it’s working without any problem – so you don’t need to be afraid of this new system. In fact, my personal opinion after 2 months using, Windows 7 is the best Windows until now.

Michal

Anonymous

as both Moncha and Fiesta use underlying .NET framework i don’t see why there should be any trouble with the software, so far i’ve been using Moncha with 64-bit Windows7 for about half a year now without any trouble and recently i’ve tested the Fiesta2 software downloaded from Showtacle site and it works with no problems as well. don’t know about the device compatibility as i don’t have the hardware box yet. with Moncha DAC i had only once problem that after plugging the USB connector out Win7 crashed into blue screen of death =) but it has never happened again since then

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Fiesta! General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.