some questions

9 years 3 months ago #493 by dj_calle
some questions was created by dj_calle
Hi there!

Im new on this forum and my english isnt the best:P
im from sweden and found this forum newly.

I have a few different lasers and have newly bought fiesta.

Where can i find ilda files to download? so funny to get more pictures/shows and stuffs instead of the ones that comes with the program. Can i somehow get all the stuffs from moncha to my fiesta? they have a few cartoons and stuffs i would like:)

witch files kan i use in fiesta? is it only the one that ends with .ild ??
i have seen many other files to that dosnt seem to work, like for example .lpc

do you have tips on sites, etc. do download files?

one problem i have had with fiesta is that it sometimes breaks down fore me when i tries to load in some files i found, when i will open some i can choose how many "frames" i want to open?? and if i take to many the program crash. it is pretty slow to load workspace to, can it all be the computer maybe? Maybe many stuffs will be better if i upgrade my ram?

i cant draw i realtime in this program? so when i draw on the computer window the laser does the same in realtime?

what is the "device command list" in midi window for? i cant change anything in that windon, i have a behringer midi controller, and i can change to the right the functions, brightness, speed etc but i cant change the stuffs in the middle. One other thing i cand save the changes i have done so it is always the same when i restard my program, i must turn on the knobs on my midi controller and set all the knobs again??

also i wonder what the window "midi feeback" is for

there seems also be many windows for "lasermatrix" what it this for?
does it have something to do with controlling many lasers at the same time? i have controlled 5 lasers on my fiesta but they all do the same thing because i cant adress the units like when i controll with dmx, can i somehow controll lasers one and one so they all dosent do the same thing the whole time?

can add that i havent had a chans to test rgb lasers yet, i have many green ones and the strongest is 2.5 watts of green with 45 k galvos.

thans for my word

edit: will add that i have a "ilda split" from laserworld with one ilda in and 6 out, but all the lasers does the same thing bacause i only have one in and no adressing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 8 years 1 month ago #494 by admin
Replied by admin on topic some questions
Hi and welcome to this forum. Quite a many questions, I'll try to answer.

Where can i find ilda files to download? so funny to get more pictures/shows and stuffs instead of the ones that comes with the program. Can i somehow get all the stuffs from Moncha to my Fiesta? they have a few cartoons and stuffs i would like:)

For now it is not possible to get files from Moncha. Anyway you can try e.g. photonlexicon forum, where are quite many ild files available.

witch files kan i use in fiesta? is it only the one that ends with .ild ??
i have seen many other files to that dosnt seem to work, like for example .lpc

Yes, Fiesta can import only ild files, which is standard for lasers. There is no other file so used.

one problem i have had with fiesta is that it sometimes breaks down fore me when i tries to load in some files i found, when i will open some i can choose how many "frames" i want to open?? and if i take to many the program crash. it is pretty slow to load workspace to, can it all be the computer maybe? Maybe many stuffs will be better if i upgrade my ram?

It is not a good idea to put whole ild shows to memory using Animation. It is better to use ILDA show image generator - this one reads ild file from disk while playing.

i cant draw i realtime in this program? so when i draw on the computer window the laser does the same in realtime?

For drawing you have to use Quazar 2.0 software. It is included in installation. And you can also see what you are drawing real time (use Output->New USB Output).

what is the "device command list" in midi window for? i cant change anything in that windon, i have a behringer midi controller, and i can change to the right the functions, brightness, speed etc but i cant change the stuffs in the middle. One other thing i cand save the changes i have done so it is always the same when i restard my program, i must turn on the knobs on my midi controller and set all the knobs again??

I would recommend you to find out more about Midi director in Fiesta manual. Anyway, the device command list allows you to set Fiesta functions to Midi keyboard. First you have to Add your Midi device (press Add in the same window). Then you can program the keys and Midi sliders.

also i wonder what the window "midi feeback" is for

This one is good fro e.g. BCF2000 with motoric sliders. Allows you to move the sliders on the Midi console from Fiesta (e.g. I change brightness in Fiesta, the brightness slider also changes on the console).

there seems also be many windows for "lasermatrix" what it this for?
does it have something to do with controlling many lasers at the same time? i have controlled 5 lasers on my fiesta but they all do the same thing because i cant adress the units like when i controll with dmx, can i somehow controll lasers one and one so they all dosent do the same thing the whole time?

LaserMatrix is a special controller for many laser systems. It has a strong support in Fiesta. You can find out more at our products web.

edit: will add that i have a "ilda split" from laserworld with one ilda in and 6 out, but all the lasers does the same thing bacause i only have one in and no adressing.

Well even it seems to be interesting product, we have never worked with this device, so I'm not sure if we can help you with this one.

Michal

9 years 3 months ago #495 by dj_calle
Replied by dj_calle on topic some questions
Hi!

thanks for the answears.

Where do i find this ilda show image generator? i dont understand complettly.

i have now tried to in quazar klick on new usb output in the output meny but it just says: new usb not found?

i have a behringer device that have just knobs and a few buttons so maybe it is beacause i cant use any funtcion in the " device command list" i must have a midi "keyboard" maybe for that????
i can use the "midi-in controllers" and set to knobs on my behringer midi bord but i cant save it so when i restard the program the same functions is on the same knobs, so i have to start over and set the functions to the knobs again, can you save the settings?

What is the price for that cotroller to lasermatrixx? and what wolud i cost to ship to sweden:P

9 years 3 months ago #496 by admin
To add ild files as ILDA Show:
-Select some effect and right click. Properties will be displayed.
-Right click on ROOT and choose Add generator.
-Choose ILDA Show.
-In the right part of the window you put your ild file and you can play it.

I don't know, what USB you use - it is the Fiesta! 2 USB or the Kvant USB? You can try all in the Output menu of Quazar anyway.

You can use the knobs on your Behringer console. You just need to add it to used Midi devices (and it must be proberly installed as Midi device in the computer). And when you save your workspace, your settings should be saved with it.

Michal

9 years 3 months ago #497 by dj_calle
Replied by dj_calle on topic some questions
thanks again.

I have tried what you said about to choose ilda show but i dont understand? does i gain much memory on this? the file is still on the same place and not down in the "show area" in fiesta. I tried to load a file with music to but it just play a few seconds and then restarts, i guess i dont have the hang on that yet.

I got it to work in quasar now, the problem was i had the fiesta window open as fel, when i closed fiesta and just had quasar open i could chose new usb output and it worked, still i miss the function to draw in realtime like in a paint program, i just can do whole lines and stuffs now, not draw on free hand.

yes i have added my midi device and it also work with the functions i added to the knobs, but i just wont save for me, it disapers even if i save workspace??

and still in the device command list i cant change anything but that was only for keyboards right? the midi in controllers i cant set to knobs but like i said it dont save.

9 years 3 months ago #498 by admin
Please install latest version 2.2.19 available at out web page. Most of the problems should be fixed. I've tried that save/load MIDI settings and it was working fine.

ILDA Show doesn't load any frame into memory - it plays from hard disk, so yes, it is better for large files. And im the latest version if works with the music.

The music is played only when doing live show. If you plan to use effect in show, you have to select the music for the show.

Yes, freehand is not available in Quazar. Quazar is using Bezier curves as a basic primitive, which helps to keep the image in editable format, but it's not good to use with freehand.

Michal

Moderators: mystery
Time to create page: 0.580 seconds