Moncha.go2 is Etherner/Art-Net/stand-alone laser show controller (also called DAC = Digital to Analog Converter). It’s a new modern version of popular Moncha.go 1 (also know as “Lego”).
- Maximal scan-rate up to 100.000 pps
- Perfectly fluent laser show output – stable 50 or more FPS (Frames per Second)
- Higher performance over Wi-Fi networks (real time lossless data compression)
- Art-Net control
- Web configuration
- Standard ILDA output
- No more Lego
Why do we decided to not use Lego-version anymore? It’s simple – the aluminum is more reliable and though. The Lego version was fun and we still think it was a good idea – it’s just causing the clients to think it’s “not-professional” enough (although that’s not true).
How to setup Moncha.go 2?
The Moncha.go 2 uses a new way of configurating your laser show controller using web configuration tool integrated inside. It allows you to set all the important laser drawing parameters like size, brightness or position. Here you can check, how it works using Apple iPhone (or any iOS or Android device):
When to choose Moncha.go 2?
In case you don’t really need DMX512 to control your lasers, Moncha.go 2 is a great option. It contains all the features of more-powerful sister Moncha.box 2, but it’s smaller and generally more cute 😁. If you still want to control lasers using DMX, you can use Art-Net, which is also supported in Moncha.go 2. Also if you are hobby-laserist using one or two laser outputs, Moncha.go 2 is good-enough.
Generally our recommendations when to use Moncha.go 2:
- You don’t need DMX512.
- You don’t need professional PowerCon connectors to power up the device.
- You don’t want to integrate laser show controller inside laser system.
- You don’t need practical buttons to switch between the animations from SD-card.
Moncha.go 2 is all you need to create professional laser shows. You can use with our software Moncha, Fiesta for Windows or Fiesta for Mac. The performance in a lot better comparing to older Moncha.go 1, while the price is the same. “More music – for the same amount of money” 😉.